Sister arrested in peanut butter attack
A 29-year-old Deltona woman was arrested on allegations of throwing peanut butter on her brother's face in an argument over a urinating dog.
Rachel Byrd was arrested Monday on battery charges.
According to a Volusia County Sheriff's report, Byrd and her brother, 30-year-old Gabriel Byrd, began arguing around 2 a.m. because the dog was urinating in the living room of the house shared by the siblings.
Deputies said Rachel Byrd flung a spoonful of peanut butter at her brother, and someone called 911 but hung up. A dispatcher called back but no one answered, so a deputy was sent to the home, officials said.
The deputy said the brother did not want to press charges against his sister, but the deputy noted that peanut butter was running down his face.
Rachel Byrd had a cut on her leg from the dog, but the deputy determined that she was the aggressor and arrested her.
She was being held without bail at the Volusia County Branch Jail.
Woman cuts off a tattoo of her cheating ex-boyfriend's name with a scalpel and POSTS the skin to him after he told her he was emigrating to Alaska but instead moved in with another woman
WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT: Torz Reynolds cut herself for revenge26-year-old had been going out with Stuart 'Chopper' May for two yearsThen he broke up with her, ...
- Ga. 'slowpoke' bill would make slow driving illegal in fast lane
- George Zimmerman signs autographs, meets fans at Fla. gun show
- Warm weather offers a taste of spring
- Facebook HQ cleared after false threat
- Hundreds turn out for meeting on heroin use in Pueblo
- Police investigate link between 2 assaults on elementary school children
- Proposed budget would reduce aircraft fleet used for fire fighting
- Prayer service honors victims of Canon City murders
- Mars Area School District rejects proposal to drill on school property