Boone couple found dead in townhome
Two people were found dead in their home Saturday.
“You think you know your neighbors,” said neighbor Sandy Latuska. “You see them all the time. You wouldn’t expect that to ever happen.”
Law enforcement officials stormed the quiet residential street around 2149 Cedar St. after receving a call around 1 p.m. Friday.
Brittany Fisher was feeding her 7-month-old son when events started to unfold.
“I saw a couple fire trucks, couple cop cars and an ambulance come in, and then probably five or 10 minutes later we had a couple more police cars come in,” Fisher said.
Ken Latuska and his wife Sandy watched from their front yard.
“We saw them come out separately in body bags,” Ken Latuska said.
The victims, a couple in their late 50s, had lived in the townhouse for three years.
“He’d come by middle of the afternoon and go down, walk and get his mail and say, ‘Hi, how are you?’” Ken Latuska said.
The two victims have been taken to the state medical examiner's office in Ankeny. Police hope their autopsies will reveal more about what happened.
The investigation is open. No names have been released.
Woman cuts off a tattoo of her cheating ex-boyfriend's name with a scalpel and POSTS the skin to him after he told her he was emigrating to Alaska but instead moved in with another woman
WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT: Torz Reynolds cut herself for revenge26-year-old had been going out with Stuart 'Chopper' May for two yearsThen he broke up with her, ...
- Teacher caught outside wearing just ski cap, goggles, police say
- National Guard investigates 'inappropriate' pictures from soldiers' funerals
- Horror as family of four among six killed in 'drunk driver wrong-way pileup' on California highway
- Doctor indicted on murder charge in neighbor's shooting death
- 2 dead in Campbell Co. house fire
- 2 sentenced for multi-million dollar tax fraud operation
- Police: Autistic boy runs out of Norman day care
- Fire survivor expected to be released from hospital
- Harford County sheriffs: Man tried to kill ex's boyfriend
- Tri-State Marine shot to death in California
- Man dies from injuries after early-morning shooting
- New Mexico parks hosting marathons
- Rascal Flatts returning to Omaha
- Mom filed assault report against husband days before driving into ocean