Controversial, suspended Police Chief still holds job... for now
Suspended Gilberton Police Chief Mark Kessler remains suspended despite many, including Kessler himself, expecting his firing Thursday night.
Gilberton Borough Council met Thursday night and many expected the controversial chief to be fired. Kessler himself sent news releases weeks ago saying he expected to be fired.
In the end, Council kept Kessler's suspension in place pending termination.
He now has 10 days to appeal the termination, Council President Daniel Malloy said.
Kessler's attorney said he will request a hearing about the matter next week.
Kessler made national headlines when he posted videos on YouTube laced with profanity where he fired assault rifles and called out local and national politicians and leaders.
Tune into 69 News at 10 for a full report from WFMZ's Meghan Packer.
A Norwegian firm designed the vessel, which could achieve fuel savings of 60 per cent while reducing emissions by 80 per centThe Vindskip by Lade ...
- 'I appreciate every prayer,' shooting victim says
- Man charged in hit-and-run crash with 2 patrol cars
- Police seek public's help in September killing
- Dems: Background checks stopped 72 gun sales to convicted criminals
- Police: Officer fired shot at suspect, no one hurt
- Qualifying begins for Feb. 1 election
- Former school employee charged with statutory rape
- Police: Man driving drunk crashed into cars with son in back seat
- Shots heard in neighborhood force KC school on brief lockdown
- Bank robbed, police searching for suspects