Police: Woman shot to death while riding in car
A woman was killed Sunday after being shot in the head while riding in a car, Columbia police spokeswoman Jennifer Timmons said.
The incident occurred shortly after 1 a.m. on West Campanella Drive.
"Preliminary information suggests that the female victim was a passenger in a vehicle when she was shot in the head," Timmons said.
A man who was driving the vehicle told police they were driving along West Campanella when he heard gunfire and saw the female critically injured, Timmons said.
Timmons said the driver called 911 and EMS transported the victim to an area hospital. She was pronounced deceased by medical staff Sunday afternoon.
CPD investigators have collected evidence from the scene and continue to determine the circumstances surrounding the shooting, including a motive, Timmons said.
"This violence must end," Interim Police Chief Ruben Santiago said. "The person (or persons) responsible for this senseless death will be caught and held accountable for what has happened. CPD investigators are gathering information and it is only a matter of time before someone is charged with murder."
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
A Norwegian firm designed the vessel, which could achieve fuel savings of 60 per cent while reducing emissions by 80 per centThe Vindskip by Lade ...
- Santa visits sick children at NM hospital
- Walker to sign historic tax credit bill
- Biloxi council tables baseball stadium vote
- "Eggings" rack up over $9,000 in damages
- VA, National Guard join in book announcement
- 141 Actions taken against Pa. businesses, individuals
- Walker to sign bill increasing high school credits
- DWI suspect crashes car into San Antonio furniture store
- Man in court in Southie woman's kidnapping, slaying
- Pa. House advances child-abuse reforms